HeadSpace is now welcoming submissions of fiction, poetry, personal experience stories and art for Issue 2, which will be launched in January 2014. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2013, at midnight.
Issue 1 can be read here. With the help of a grant from Rehab Ireland’s Visual Arts Fund, we will be launching Issue 2 in January 2014 and are working to expand our distribution nationwide.
1. All submissions must be based around the theme of mental health. We welcome submissions on all angles of mental health, from maintaining positive mental health through illness and recovery.
2. We welcome fiction, poetry, art, photography and personal experience stories.
3. Please save your work as YOURNAME_TITLE_TYPE OF WORK (eg NAOMIELSTER_INSOMNIA_FICTION) and email to email@example.com by no later than 30 November at midnight. Please do not include your name anywhere else on your piece.
4. It is possible for you to publish anonymously but for verification reasons we cannot accept sumbissions anonymously. If you wish to publish anonymously please state that in your cover email.
5. Artwork/photographs will be printed on A4 and should be 300 DPI or higher. Stories and poems are limited to 1500 words.
6. Please do not send links to flickr accounts or blogs as these will not be read. All submissions must be prepared or adapted for teh magazine and saved as specified above.
7. As HeadSpace is a not for profit mental health venture, all work including by the editorial panel is on a voluntary basis. Therefore it may take a while before you hear back from us and we are not in a position to offer payment for submissions.
8. All Issue 2 sumbissions will be responded to in December 2013.
9. Well-informed articles on mental health written from an educational/political viewpoint or personal experience are welcome for consideration on our blog on a rolling basis. Please email these articles to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Blog” in the subject line.